Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Push-Ups

For the last couple of mornings I heard the Holy Spirit speaking to me telling me to get up and do push-ups. I kind of frowned, thought it a lil strange and ignored the promptings until this morning.

After listening to Pastor Mason Betha preach, clean up a lil, and sit around a lot, i finally got around to doing my push-ups. 15 girl style push-ups is usually what I do and I'm very proud of that considering a month and a half ago I couldn't do one lol.

But I should have know that there was more to the Holy Spirit telling me to do push-ups then me just doing them. After I successfully completed my push-ups I sat on the floor and here is the encouragement and direction I received.

PUSH UP MONIQUE! In my spirit I could see myself down reaching up with one hand and pushing, really pushing, like I was pushing through a brick wall. Pushing through obstacles, disappointments, regret, rejection, pain, the past, pressure, hurt, low self esteem, and missed opportunities. Push Up I keep hearing the Holy Spirit say. Up in the things of God, Up to what God has called me to be and do, Up in his ways.

I've been down so long forgot what it felt like to even look up and see a much brighter now, a much brighter future.

So Holy Spirit Thank You and I'll remember to do my push-ups every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment